Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Update ~ 05/01/2015

How is it May already?  Seriously.  I have no idea where April went!  On a positive note, the weather has been amazing this week and I can feel summer creeping in.   I love this time of year!  :)  I'd rather be hot, sweaty and on the verge of heat stroke than be cold.


FURNITURE

The dining room table and 4 chairs went home this week.  This project was challenging but I am so happy with the results.  It was my first time to do this finish.  I'll share all the before & after pictures plus details on that project next week.  Here is what it looked like when it was dropped off.









Over the weekend, I picked up my next project.  It is a huge bedroom set that consists of two dressers, two end tables and a bed.  The goal is to get it finished before we leave for vacation.  Fingers crossed really hard that I can make it happen.  The weather has been gorgeous and the weekend looks to be the same so I plan on working as much as I can to keep this project on time.






MASTER BATHROOM

There was some progress in the bathroom as well this week.  After reading about the wardrobe capsule and seeing several of my friends purge their closets, I decided to do the same.  Y'all have seen some glimpses of mine and we can all admit that it wasn't good.  Things were every where.  It was packed with clothes and shoes...most of them I don't even wear.  The closet situation was giving me anxiety every time I walked into the bathroom so I purged.

Before (no judging allowed):




I'll share details on the wardrobe capsule and closet purge later but here is the link to the original blog post by Unfancy.  I still have some organization to do and I want to add a few shelves in the closet but it is definitely much better than it was.

After (yes I am a scarf hoarder and I like blue jeans...again, no judging):




The carpet has been pulled up out of both closets and they are now ready for the new flooring.  I also painted both closet doors, installed the new hinges and knobs, and got them put back up.  It is starting to feel more like a bathroom and less like a construction zone!




The yucky sticky tile floor in the toilet area is gone and that door has been painted and has new hardwood, too.  I love the dark blue door.  The plan is to paint all the doors in the house this color!




Not pictured is the vanity progress.  I primed it last night.  :)

I would like to pour the self leveling underlayment this weekend and install enough of the new flooring to put in our new toilet.  That would be the ideal plan but I am not sure if it is going to happen.  :)


MISC

Blittle's birthday was this week!  We are not big celebration people and usually don't make a big deal out of birthday and anniversaries.  That night we went to one of our favorite restaurants with friends and had an amazing dinner (the steak was so good!) and he opened his presents that night.  As usual, most of our gifts have to do with the house or our travels and this time was no exception.

He got a new suitcase, noise canceling headphones and other accessories for the trip.  This is our first long distant flight so we needed a few things extra to try to make 11 hours on a plane more pleasant.

Packing has begun!



Also, he got a teak bench for the shower.   I was adamant about not building a bench in the shower.  I wanted to put a removable one so we had options.  The plan was to build him one but I have been too busy.  I found a teak bench while out shopping the other day and it is perfect.  He loves it!





Have a great weekend!  I am hopeful that it will be extremely productive.  If not, at least the weather is supposed to be beautiful and maybe I can get a little sun and some tan.  :)

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

No comments:

Post a Comment