Thursday, August 7, 2014

Painted Gray with Glazed Furniture


Hi all.  I hope every one is having a great week.

Over the weekend, I worked both Saturday and Sunday and I took Monday off.  My parents needed a ride to the airport for their big move to Germany, so I dropped them off then, spent the rest of the day with my best friend and her family.  They live about an hour from my house but only a few minutes from the airport.  We spent the afternoon out on their boat swimming and tubing.  I haven't been pulled on a tube in at least 10 years.  My friend and I were pulled on the tub and we laughed hysterically the entire time.  So much fun and a little frightening.





Beautiful sunset.



My friend and I on the tube.  It is much scarier as a 30-something year old than it was in high school. Yikes.




On Tuesday, I picked up my next big project!  It includes 2 large dressers, a mirror and a bed.  Can't wait to get started on those today.


You might have noticed a few changes on the right side panel of the blog.  Yesterday, I updated a few things that I haven't had the time for.  I designating Wednesday to working on the blog and my other social media.  I worked most of the day editing, writing, and updating.  Not only is the side panel updated, I also added numerous furniture pictures to my Furniture Makeover page and to my DIY & Tutorials page.  I was months behind on both of those pages.  Oops.  Now I am up-to-date and can start on my next makeover.


Today, I am going to share with you another nursery set.  This set is going in a sweet girl nursery.  The Dixie pieces were purchased by the client at a resale shop and she wanted to have them painted.  She sent me an inspiration picture and I got to work.  Here are the before pictures.


The dresser.






The desk.






This was her grandmother's trunk.





The client chose a great dark gray and it has a white glaze over the paint which highlights all the beautiful details.  The hardware was left as is and it looks great with the new color.

The dresser after.








The desk after.






The trunk after.






 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png
 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

1 comment: