Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The New Orleans Trip & Flip

I finally get to tell y'all about the New Orleans trip I took back in June.  It was so good to go back.  As much as I was ready to move back to Texas, New Orleans  has a special place in my heart and will always be one of my favorite places to visit.

Do y'all remember the story of my first customer?  If not, read about it here.  Nothing better than meeting friends on Craigslist!  Well, Regan is having a baby and asked me to help with the dresser for the nursery!  Of course I wanted to help!  The paint sprayer and sanders took their first flight.





Some highlights from the trip:

While I was there, I ate some of my favorite foods, which my taste buds miss but my pants do not.








Regan and I went shopping around on Saturday and found these random and hilarious but inappropriate vintage, metal signs as well as a gorgeous ring...in the same store.  I have been searching for an old ring with filigree and/or milgrain details or with an art deco feel.  Many rings now are made to look antique or vintage but I want one that actually is.  





BAHAHA.  We laughed a little too long about these.  They were in a nice resale shop and were an unexpected find. 

And no, I did not buy them.  But I might have thought about it.




Love this ring.  No, I didn't buy it either but I did realize my hands are starting to look like old lady hands.  Eeek.


I also went to the Bruno Mars concert and it was AMAZING.  Loved him.  Loved him.  Loved him.








The dog wanted to ride on my shoulders while we were in the car.  That was a first for me.





Things I don't have pictures of is seeing many friends at girls' night and visiting my friend that just had a baby.  She was only a few weeks old when I was in town and I got to steal some precious new born snuggles.  It was good to see everyone.  The weekend was full of laughs and memories but lets not forget, I was there to work.  


My flight left Houston at 8, I landed in New Orleans around 9 and was working on the dresser by 10. It was a busy, busy day. 

My home for the weekend.  Isn't Regan's house gorgeous?!?!?!



I stayed in the guest room that has the furniture she bought from me.  :)   See it here.


The nursery dresser she found on Craigslist but the color wasn't working with the room's theme.

Here are the before pictures of the dresser.





The dresser was in great shape and the perfect size but the wrong color.  She decided to go with a dark navy and to update the hardware. 

My New Orleans work space.



I was only in New Orleans for a few days so I wasn't able to see the final look in person.  Regan sent me a few pictures of the dresser with it's new hardware, in it's new home.  They did not find out the baby's gender so she went with a neutral, pale blue nursery that I am in love with.  It is a mix of traditional and modern with tons of personal touches.    





I made this door table for Regan's nursery a while back and it is perfect for the space.










Its perfect. Regan and Don are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait to meet baby bear. He or she has a beautiful room to grow up in.  Only a few more weeks and the baby will be here!  

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

4 comments:

  1. I love this nursery! The little drawers on top of the changing table are great. Those would be super functional for having a baby. The little white table is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete