Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Grey & White French Provincial

Hi all!  I am feeling so much better and have been able to get so much done this past week.  I can't wait to show you a few of the projects I am finishing up.   If you missed it because Facebook doesn't like to show all my fans my posts, I made some changes on the website.  I created a new page, "DIY & Tutorials", and I consolidated/updated my portfolio.  All my furniture projects will be on the "Furniture" page.  Go check them out if you haven't yet.





Spring is here.  Finally.  The weather has been amazing the past few days and we have started several outdoor projects.  The pilings for our new dock will be put in soon and we have prepped the area under our stairs for the concrete extension.  For whatever reason, when the house was built, they did not attach the back porch to the side walkway/carport area.  The side area is where we walk from the driveway to our stairs and is a high traffic zone.  There is a weird transition where a concrete block was added as an after thought (Where Jaxson is sitting in the photo).  We are going to fill in the entire area with concrete and close in under the stairs for storage.  Our lawn mower, weed eater and other outside tools will finally have a home!  We got the space framed up and today we will be breaking up the weird transition and start putting in the rebar.  Here are a few pictures of our progress this weekend.








With the magazine article coming out in May, I have been prepping and staging the kitchen and dining area for a photo shoot.  I am going to do a kitchen reveal update when the article comes out.  I want better photos for all my new and old followers to see so I am bringing in a real photographer.  Also, when I did the kitchen reveal, we had just finished.  It was bare bones.  Now I have a curtain in the window and stuff of the counters.  It is lived in and has more styling and accessories than it did 6 months ago.  My curtain fabric is in so I am going to be sewing those this week as well as finish up a few last details.  In May, you will finally get a dining room reveal and a kitchen update!





And now for the furniture part of today's post.  I LOVE THIS DRESSER.  LOVE.

Here is another makeover from before the business was a business.  This is almost 2 years old and I don't have before pictures.  It was in good shape but it did have some scratches and dents which made it impossible to stain.  Paint was a must.  This dresser holds the record as the fastest sell.  It sold 2 hours after posting!!  It also brought on tons more work.  I ended up doing furniture for their master (dresser, mirror and end tables), nursery (dresser and mirror) and the daughter's room (she got the grey & white dresser plus end tables done to match).







I will be sharing all the projects for this client over the next week or so.  Here are the end tables I did to match the dresser for the daughter's room.  I wish I had a picture of them in her room.  We delivered a piece the next week and she had a talking Darth Vadar toy sitting on her very girly end table in her very girly room.  Too cute!





I hope everyone is having a great week!


 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

6 comments:

  1. Omg LOVE the dresser and end tables so, so much! Absolutely gorgeous! Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend :) Thanks so much for linking up at Thursday STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post here. I enjoyed a lot. I liked your way of writing . for that you chose really good topic.
    best furniture stores in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post. Thanks for sharing.

    Kantha Bedsheets Online from Teertha India.

    ReplyDelete