Monday, August 19, 2013

Kitchen Inspiration

Happy Monday!

I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel in the kitchen.  Over the past month I have mentioned the kitchen several times but have decided to not post any updated pictures yet. I thought I'd keep y'all on the edge of your seats for a while ;)   Here are a few reminders of what we started with and what we want to change.







The kitchen is getting a total makeover and everything will be new or updated. 
  • All appliances (which I talked about here)
  • Cabinets
  • Floor
  • Countertops
  • Backsplash
  • Light fixtures
  • Hardware
  • Sink & Faucet
  • Plus some additions


I like the casual feel in my home.  My husband and I are not fancy people :)   Below are a few overall concepts I love and they show the look/feel I am going for.  I have a Waterfront House board on Pinterest that has tons of ideas, furniture, and fixtures I want to use in the house.  Go check it out!


My favorite inspiration picture is an amazing kitchen on House of Turquoise (LOVE her blog!).  I saw it a long time ago and immediately bookmarked it.  It's a tour of the entire home!  She spreads the tour over 5 days and the kitchen is on day 3.  You must check it out (click here to go to Day 1).  I have always gone back to it as a reference.  This might be the closest thing to my dream home.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!   As for the kitchen, I love the bright, airy feel, the Vatrazzo countertops, and the subway tile backsplash.  I even love the lights over the island.  A few weeks ago I talked about appropriate and inappropriate lighting here.  These are borderline inappropriate for me but I think they would pass.




A while back, The Cottage Market posted about neutral kitchens.  I really liked this one.  Again, with the white cabinets, bright, airy, subway tile.



I saw this on Pinterest and instantly feel in love with the cottage look.



Choosing our cabinet color was easy, I already have a favorite white,  but the other details took a little more discussion and research.  With any remodel or upgrade sometimes you do not get all of your first choices and sometimes things don'e work out the way you want.  There was some compromising and going back to square one but it has all worked out so far and is coming together.

I will be posting about some of the details we added over the next few days.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these outstanding pictures . These are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete